Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music". - Aldous Huxley

As I was jamming in my car on the way to work (that was me in the grey sonata rocking out) my thoughts wandered to music and it’s importance. 
Growing up, music was always playing in our house.  Whether it be oldies blaring while we cleaned the house or listening to classic rock hanging out on a Saturday night. Those moments shaped and molded my taste in music.  That is why I may be one of the only 30-somethings (ewww I’m in my 30’s) that is excited to see Steve Miller Band in Concert.  My parents listened to Classic Rock for the most part and these days I mostly listen to rock.   I see Jayden (my 2 year old) dancing to Fresh Beat Band and I’m thrilled to teach him about music.   I hope he learns to appreciate the old, the new and whatever music the future may bring. 
With that said, there are certain albums that Jayden WILL know. 

He will know this album:
Simon and Garfunkel: The Concert in Central Park
I have listened to this vinyl several times.  Of course my dad, being a talker that he is,  always narrated and told us stories during this album.  =]

And this one:
My Chemical Romance: The Black Parade
This is by far my FAVORITE album of all time.

This one too:
Bright Eyes: The People's Key
Shaun and I saw this band in concert twice.
  The 2nd time was right when this album was released.
 Amazing album.  Amazing band. 


What albums will you share with your children?


No comments:

Post a Comment